Thursday, January 24, 2008

NAMM Winner


From our perspective, and a lot of people that we talked to, there was nothing earth-shattering at this years NAMM show. But, we all seemed to agree that one of slickest new products were the AudioCubes by Percussa. Personally, I first saw them at the EM House of Blues party that HowAudio.com co-sponsored. Carmen Rizzo had these cubes sitting next to his computer. I thought they were just some cool looking lights and it wasn't until the following day, when I happened to walk by the Percussa booth, that I realized that these 'cubes' were far more than I thought. The Percussa AudioCubes are cubes capable of generating and processing audio and MIDI information. Way too cool. And it uses open source software so they can be easily customized. You need to check them out.

Tell them that How Audio sent you. Shortly, you will be seeing a tutorial on them on our site.

Stay tuned.